| photos from Ken- thank you. |
On September 29th, a stunning red Pin Oak tree was dedicated to Mike, in front of a lovely gathering on Summerhill. The weather was one of those fall days you hope for-- sunny, clear, crisp. We listened to the dedication quietly, then shared in a really delicious picnic lunch. The kids entertained themselves outside, hopefully not damaging too many marigolds in the garden...
I am very grateful to Mike's class for their generosity in this gift. I am happy to have Mike's tree close to home, for Lucas and Emily to visit. We have already visited quite a few times-- Lucas mastered juggling two black walnut pods in front of the tree. I had to smile. More photos to come.
Sarah
Thanks for the updated post Sarah and pictures of the tree. It sounded like you had a beautiful celebration. We were thinking about you. Love, Colleen
ReplyDelete