Monday, April 16, 2012

But a glimpse

I was watching the start of our 2002 wedding video yesterday with the kids on my lap.  I haven't watched it since we got married.  I choked up a little remembering how I was trembling and nervous about to walk down the aisle.  Julia loved watching the video with me, seeing people she recognized and asking how old Darren & I were then.  After the ceremony we stepped outside the church and there is footage of all our guests just milling around in the sun.  I was brought to tears, much to Julia's concern, seeing but a brief glimpse of healthy, smiling, happy Mike with Sarah by his side.  It was quick but powerful, almost 2 years since Mike's death and I am reduced to tears so quickly, blubbering out for Julia "I miss our friend Mike".  I remember Mike saying something at the reception too, but didn't have time to watch the video all the way through to that moment yet.  If the previously posted audio clip of Mike singing a happy birthday phone message for Owen is any indication, I should get my kleenex ready before I listen to whatever words of wisdom he spoke at the podium at our wedding.  I continue to treasure Mike and my memories of him.  We speak of him often in our house.  With love, Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lisa - I peek at Mike's blog at least once a week .... I miss checking in and learning more about Mike. So many moments we think of, or are reminded of Mike and I still find myself thinking "that's something to blog about".

    ReplyDelete