Hi Lisa and everyone else who is still wondering...
I guess we're all still wondering where these notes are headed-- if there is more to come.
I've been working on transforming the blog into a book so I've been reading and formatting and re-reading starting from the beginning. Once I get started each night, I find I'm at it for hours-- trying to get the formatting just right. There will be at least 330 pages, maybe more, by the time I've finalized the layout. I'll order one copy to start, then fix the little glitches that are sure to surface. Once I'm happy with it, we can plan a group order, for those interested. I will order a copy for both Lucas and Emily and tuck it away for them. It feels good to see the book coming together, though I've been exhausted this week, trying to work during the day and then stay up into the wee hours tapping away on it! I've got about 160 pages done, so I'm well on my way. I'm using software that is designed to publish from blog format to a book, so there are many templates in place to quickly format text and photos... if you know what you're doing. It's taken me a bit of time to get the hang of it....
I'll update you soon on my progress....
Hi Sarah - I came to the blog tonight for all the reasons that Darren and Lisa mentioned .... and was so happy to see a couple of new posts. D&L articulated how I'm sure so many of us are feeling .... a void. I miss connecting with you and thinking about you and the kids everyday. The routine is hard to break .... and so I guess we aren't are we? I too have reread many blogs on the anniversary of their posts ... if it sparks a memory or new link should we make a whole new post Sarah or a comment? Don't want to compound the difficulties of the book - your idea sounds great by the way. Even my 2 kids are missing the blog and seeing pictures of Lucas and Emily :) We'll chat soon - Colleen
ReplyDelete