Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Note to Mike P.

Dear Mike P., I find it hard to believe that it has been two years since that terrible day when we learned you had died.  When I think of all the things you have missed in those two years it makes me very sad. I want to  let you know that I shared a wonderful couple of days with your beautiful family in March and although I know it is hard without you there, they are doing okay.  From what I saw, Sarah is doing an incredible job as a single parent and making sure that they don't forget what a great Dad they had.  Lucas and I made paper airplanes and he even mailed me mine when I left it there by mistake.  You have two fantastic children who would make you very proud.
A couple of other things  - I still don't put my hand over my coffee cup to keep the coffee warm and then blow on it to make it cool before drinking, nor do I chew my food 36 times before I swallow, but I tell my kids as often as I can about the funny things their Uncle (nuncle) Mike used to do. They have learned what it means to have a no life attack and soon we will start practising the same arm same leg (and the other Monty Python silly walks) and the "superman".   We may, however, wait a couple more years before we do the finger through the zipper joke.   I really wish you could be here to show them yourself.
I miss you Mike; you were a wonderful friend and I am glad to have known you.
Goon.

No comments:

Post a Comment