Where can I possibly start in remembering Mike today?
How is it possible that two years have passed?
The passing of each day is slow...fast...time folding in on itself like a fan.
I can fold my mind into pieces, compartments of memories.
My memories are found in each minute of each day.
Each day I wonder.
Wonderment is still part of my life.
Life is in Lucas and Emily.
Cheers, to Mike -- and Lucas and Emily--
for days, life, wonder, moments, time, and possibility.
Thinking of you, Mike, today and always. And importantly, of everyone else, intensely, through my thoughts and memories of Mike.
With love,
Sarah
P.S. These photos below are from last year, June 13, 2011. Lucas hopes to repeat his breakfast. That is a good-lookin' (Mike-ism) muesli! I will surely order a decadent cappuccino. Mike would always ask the sugar be added first, to avoid disturbing the foam. I think Amanda taught him that trick. We'll walk in the cemetery-- probably lie down for a few minutes too... I've got a picnic planned, laden with Mike-loved foods: a fancy dried salami from Quebec, dark chocolate, triple cream cheese, Carr's crackers, tomatoes, Ruffles chips, ...maybe some wine... coffee in a thermos. I hear Muncle Ichael is bringing olive buns. Perfect.




'Lest we forget' is Canada's mantra each year when the country stops to reflect on those whose lives have enriched ours.
ReplyDeleteMike's life is celebrated today in the same vein.
Thank you Sarah for your dedication to Mike's memory.
Love
Mom and Dad
Sarah we are thinking about you today - you and Lucas and Emily, the Naults, the Donnellys. I attended a memorial today and in the homily, the priest said,
ReplyDelete"Be brave to remember. Have the courage to let his name resonate in your minds and lives and let it tie your family together".
It made me cry and think of Mike today, and how he ties and tied so many people together. It made me think of how much bravery and courage resonated in him and in this group of people that love and support the Donnelly - Nault clan. Remembering hurts - remembering makes us laugh. You just don't know what you are going to get.
I have a funny story about a Chez Piggy dinner with Sarah & Mike in the summer of 2001 that makes me laugh, but I'm okay with crying too. Lately I find the remembering more tearful.
Much love, Colleen (Mike, Olivia & Adam)