Monday, January 31, 2011

A few of Mike's favourite things





I am getting a bit ahead of myself here - not being up for a contribution until February 17th, but I wanted to jump the cue and make sure we had many reflections for the first official day of the blog tomorrow.

I was in Toronto a few time in the past few weeks (yes - I know that many of you live there, but it is still a thrill to a small town Kingston girl). I walked by Banana Republic for men ... thought of Mike. I stopped into Starbucks ... thought of Mike. Drove by the Royal York ... thought of Mike and Sarah and Lucas and the "BIG COOKIE".
What struck me the most was all of the day to day Mike memories I have and just how many favourite things he had! Catherine











2 comments:

  1. What I love most about the cookie picture with Mike and Lucas is that Mike was usually so conservative with desserts ... something foreign to someone with a terrible love of them. So I just love the joy in Lucas's face and the fun Lucas and Mike are having diving into that big fat chocolate chip cookie - a true "we're going crazy at the hotel" moment.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of Mike when I see dark chocolate covered treats, Star Wars "stuff" and a book on my shelf that we studied together in a 4th year course entitled, Why We Get Sick .... a book I often refer to when teaching (as I loved it) which inevitably leads to a story about Mike and how hard he worked to fulfill his dream of practicing medicine!

    ReplyDelete