I am not very technically oriented. I am never an "early adopter" as those tech minded people are often called - racing out to purchase the latest version of all new electronic devices. A couple years ago I bought my first Apple computer - this is probably a shock for most of the nault family - and this year I broke down and purchased my first handheld device - an iphone. As I was sitting in the Rogers store filling out the paperwork and listening to the annoying sales person, I couldn't help but chuckle remembering a conversation with Mike comparing the Apple operating system with the Microsoft Windows Operating System. Mike was obviously the Apple fan. I was still in denial.
At the time I didn't even know what an operating system was, let alone know how to compare them, but this didn't deter me from trying to keep up with Mike on the topic. At one point in the conversation, I tried to argue Microsoft was better because Microsoft office was easier to use than the Mac programs. Mike patiently tried to explain to me that this was not the operating system. He never said it but the huge grin on his face that told me I was way out of my league.
There were many debates sitting outside Grant Hall. Mike was usually the more intelligent of the two of us - but he was always patient, a good listener and never too quick (most of the time) to point out the really stupid remarks!
PS. Happy Birthday Loser! You are so dearly missed by so many.
No comments:
Post a Comment