Friday, October 28, 2011

Don't Worry About A Thing.......

I know I'm a little late with my entry, but yesterday, life just seemed to get in the way. So, I thought, better late than never!

Yesterday, all day long, I had this "earworm". I woke up with it in the morning, but I didn't mind. Each morning at Brooke Valley School, we sing for about 20 minutes, and usually one of those songs sticks with me for the day.....but, not yesterday. Throughout the day, I found myself humming the earworm song. I didn't know all the words, but that didn't matter when it was just in my head, and I couldn't focus on it because I was teaching many lessons anyway.

At the end of the school day yesterday, an old friend stopped by to give me three boxes of school material that she had used when she was teaching. After she left, I opened the first box. On top, there was a blue folder with the word, "MUSIC" on the front. I opened the folder, and there was my earworm song......

THREE LITTLE BIRDS
by: Bob Marley


Rise up this morning
Smile with the rising sun
Three little birds
Was by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
And melodies pure and true
This is my message to you

I'm sayin don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing
Is gonna be alright
Singin don't worry about a thing
Cause every little thing
Is gonna be alright.

I was happy that noone was around at the school because I "belted out" that song so loudly, cleansing my soul.....all the while thinking about Mike, Sarah, Lucas and Emily.

.....much love from Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment