Sarah just bought a new computer ... a beautiful iMac. From a pure design perspective it is magnificent - everything is perfectly considered. The on button is placed at the back and requires only a light touch to turn the system on, the wireless keyboard is lovely and the mouse is a piece of art! It is just what Mike would have wanted Sarah to have . . . and I know Mike was close to Sarah's heart in the process of the purchase.
I have been reading much about Steve Jobs after his recent death - the thought he put into every aspect of the Mac experience - from making the purchase (ok, who doesn't love the Apple stores ... the genius bar!) to opening that streamlined box. Everything is considered.
That was Mike. Mike loved the details, the experience, the small things in life . . . and he attended to these. Mike was like Mac.
As a PC user, I had been oblivious to the art and skill of a Mac. And as I have slowly been converted, I can see with greater clarity Mike's life philosophy. It wasn't about the quick and cheap - it was about quality over quantity. Not just stuff, but life. Quality experiences, interactions ... thoughtful and deep.
Mike - I am continuing to learn from you. And really do cherish your approach.
Thinking of you,
Catherine
Very nice Catherine.
ReplyDeleteDennis