Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8th

Hi Guys,

The reason I chose the 8th for my Blog day is that October 8th is my birthday, and also happens to be close to Mike's. As I rose today to a beautiful sunny day in Kelowna, my thoughts trailed to thoughts of Mike and this Blog. This weekend is Thanksgiving and today I will be making time to take stock of life, and both its fragility and the wondrous things within it. Mike was and is instrumental in helping maintain that balance. Mike was rarely caught up in the frustrations and anchors of day to day life. He didn't sweat the small stuff very often. This combined with his ongoing appreciation of life (even before his diagnosis) always captured my admiration. In life and in death Mike has not only been a friend but a role model and teacher. So today, I will give thanks for life and all the good within it, and not sweat the small stuff.
Love,
Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment