Saturday, September 10, 2011

Canoeing

My apologies for this entry being late, I was 'off the grid' so to speak. In fact, when asked to describe Beaver Lake in BC, I compared it to Frontenac Park just north of Kingston. A place I spent many evenings unwinding in my canoe during my time at Queen's; a place that will always be special to me. It was Mike who first introduced me to Frontenac at his bachelor party, which was an evening group camp in Frontenac. It was the first time I had the opportunity to meet Mike's Dad, and best buddies from undergrad etc. I remember being so impressed by the quality of people gathered that evening. I believe you can measure a person in part by the company the keep, and Mike has fantastic friends and family. Each time I head out in the canoe, I take a moment to think of Mike and Sarah.
Love,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Matt, it seems each month, you are off canoeing, hiking, camping... do you ever work? Mike would wonder, 'Petrie, how do you do it?'-- and he'd be happy for you (though more than a bit jealous!).

    ReplyDelete