Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I stopped by....

I stopped by today to visit the cemetary after school was out. It's been awhile since I visited. Sometimes there are other people there, but today I was alone. Well, I thought I was alone. I sat down on the grass right at the gravesite, and as I was thinking of Mike so quietly there, I realized how much life I could see and hear.

Three Flickers landed in the next row over. They started their systematic pecking of the ground to uncover their precious food source of ants. A black squirrel kept himself/herself busily scampering here and there looking extremely rushed. The wind was blowing. I heard some honking coming from the direction of the river, and overhead flew six noisy Canada Geese flying very low. The cows sauntered up close to the fence. I think they thought it strange that I was just sitting there. Soon enough they were munching away just sticking close by. Those six, noisy Canada Geese flew back over again to land back in the river. But , they repeated their route (noise and all) three more times while I was there. I expect they were young ones practising for the big day when they would take to the skies to continue on their flight south.

It was a happy time at the cemetary. I realized I was smiling at all the interesting life around me, and I was really happy that I had stopped by.....much love from Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment