Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mike

Love From Christy McTait:

Here are a few ramblings about Mike and Sarah and friendship and love on a gorgeous sunny evening in Vancouver.

I met Sarah in first year at Queen's and knew she was a "keeper" right from the start. It started with a mutual love of running and basketball, and continued beyond our Kingston years because we both valued the friendship enough to make the effort to stay connected, even when I moved west and she moved back to Kingston.

I don't remember if I met Mike before 4th year. Funny that our paths didn't cross earlier since we both grew up in Etobicoke. However, Mike made the mistake of going to Richview, a football-crazy high school, when he could have gone to Martingrove instead and focused on basketball!

Anyway, my first memory of Mike is one of hearing about Mike. I had been away for 3rd year at the University of Edinburgh and, when I got back, all I ever hear about was this amazing guy, Mike. All the girls were in love with Mike, but we know how that worked out ... Mike only had eyes for Sarah and that was the end of that!

I eventually moved to Vancouver but, even there, I still got to enjoy an anuual 'Sarah and Mike fix'. Thank you to Cath and Elliot for being in Vancouver and facilitating the first few visits. Then, later, it was an annual cardiac (or phamaceutical?) conference that brought them out.

Good times, most definitely!

All my love to you, Sarah, and Lucas and Emily.

Love,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment