Now, I am not generally a religious person, and don't really spend a lot of time thinking of what happens after death in a spiritual sense... except in the terms that my science training taught me, which didn't leave a lot of room for spiritual musings. When Mike died I almost found it hard not to think that he was still present in the world. As a result, I find myself wondering every time nature shares something so beautiful with us...
A while ago I found this poem/prayer that captures this thought for me:
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
mary elizabeth frye - 1932
No comments:
Post a Comment