Yesterday was Owen's first day of junior kindergarten. Understandably, he was nervous and shy. It made me think of how lucky I was to have Mike with me for many of my new beginnings.
For most of my formal education, Mike and I travelled through school together, with Mike two years ahead. He was there when I switched to a new middle school in grade 6, entered a new high school in grade 9 and enrolled at Queen's many years ago. The year I completed my Master's degree, Mike was in Kingston attending Med school. When I became a new parent (several years after university), Mike was able to offer advice from his own experiences with Lucas.
Throughout these and many other new experiences, I was very fortunate to have Mike to guide me through unfamiliar waters. I profoundly miss his friendship and support and feel a deep sense of loss when I embark on new adventures without Mike's wisdom to guide me.
No comments:
Post a Comment