When Mike passed away I was surprised that it hit Matteo pretty hard too. I didn't really know if he understood but he seemed to grasp the concept better than I thought he would. He was worried for Lucas, and would bring it up often. He still does bring up "Lucas' daddy", but he told me the last time that even though Lucas would be sad, he was going to be OK. I couldn't believe how grown up he sounded and how sure of himself he was. Somehow, Matteo made me feel better instead of the other way around. Children have a way of seeing through everything and can surprise you with their insight.
We are gathered here, collectively, to remember, to learn, to share, to laugh, to cry, to inspire, and to provide hope through our grief.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Buddies
Sarah and I were pregnant with our first babies, Lucas and Matteo, at the same time. By this point we had become great friends and our journey through pregnancy and newborns made us even closer. Lucas was born in April and Matteo was born in August, 2006. Since the very beginning these 2 were destined to become best buddies….and as you can see, they have!






When Mike passed away I was surprised that it hit Matteo pretty hard too. I didn't really know if he understood but he seemed to grasp the concept better than I thought he would. He was worried for Lucas, and would bring it up often. He still does bring up "Lucas' daddy", but he told me the last time that even though Lucas would be sad, he was going to be OK. I couldn't believe how grown up he sounded and how sure of himself he was. Somehow, Matteo made me feel better instead of the other way around. Children have a way of seeing through everything and can surprise you with their insight.
When Mike passed away I was surprised that it hit Matteo pretty hard too. I didn't really know if he understood but he seemed to grasp the concept better than I thought he would. He was worried for Lucas, and would bring it up often. He still does bring up "Lucas' daddy", but he told me the last time that even though Lucas would be sad, he was going to be OK. I couldn't believe how grown up he sounded and how sure of himself he was. Somehow, Matteo made me feel better instead of the other way around. Children have a way of seeing through everything and can surprise you with their insight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lucas is lucky to have such a great buddy. Thanks, Matteo.
ReplyDelete