We are gathered here, collectively, to remember, to learn, to share, to laugh, to cry, to inspire, and to provide hope through our grief.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
May
It's May today, which is surprising given how cold it has been in Kingston. Last week Emily, Lucas, and I scattered 'shade' grass seed on our front lawn, in the unlikely chance some grass will actually grow under our tree. To be helpful, Emily decided to put seeds in a big pile in the middle of the cement stairs, leading to our front door. Surely our mail carrier will appreciate this new challenging obstacle. Lucas laughed at the thought of seeds actually growing on the stairs and tried to discourage Emily. I, however, think it is a great experiment. I get the feeling these days that little miracles happen all the time, akin to seeds growing on concrete. We will follow those seeds closely. I know the birds will like them and some may have already blown away. And I also think Mike would have liked the idea of this experiment unfolding. It's a metaphor for the impossible. Maybe these little seeds will grow--somewhere. We'll have to see what happens.
That's also how I feel about this blog, as we watch it unfold. Each month I wait to see what will happen, both from myself and from others. Little bursts of hope spring up unexpectedly. I am thankful to all of you for contributing your little seeds each month-- these help me a bit each day, even when my brain feels like a slab of concrete!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment