Friday, May 27, 2011

Mike's Important Choice.....

I was thinking a lot about Mike today. I remember several times that we "bumped" into him in Kingston, quite by chance. You see, my daughter Lyla, had just come out of a miserable breakup with a boyfriend. Lyla decided that she wanted to reinvent herself in a city where she would be unknown. Kingston was close to home, and she thought it would do.

After a long day looking at apartments in Kingston, we decided to take a break at Tim Horton's. And guess who was there.....Mike, and Sarah. Sarah was just taking off to go running, and Mike was "supposedly" studying.....or, writing a paper.....AT TIM HORTON'S !!! We didn't find an apartment that time.

About a week later, we went searching again for an apartment.....and, again we stopped at Tim Horton's. And, guess who was there....Mike, with some friends....and, I believe Sarah came in from running that time. I think Mike was studying for some important exam the next day. I remember Sarah cautioning him that he really should not go to the pub that night. But, he was absolutely sure that it would not be a problem for him. We got quite a laugh out of his ability to study amongst friends and noise.

I had met Sarah before, and meeting her again on these occasions, I was struck by her wonderful character. She was a runner. She had a clarity of mind, wisdom and flexibility that made her glow. Her love for Mike just shone out of her, and he absorbed every little part of it. It was touching to see the tenderness between them.

At the memorial service, many speakers spoke of the important choice Mike made in asking Sarah to be his life partner.

I want to offer lots of praise, respect and love to Sarah who is carrying on to direct and guide the two little parts of Mike in her life.

....much love from Coral.

1 comment:

  1. Just reread this blog entry Sarah - I hope you absorbed all the love then and now :)

    ReplyDelete