Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day




Happy Mother's Day Sarah

Mike isn't here this year to say all the things he would have said to Sarah ... but I know he is with Sarah, Lucas and Emily every second of every day and thinking about what a wonderful mom Sarah is.

Last year at this time was difficult. Mike's mobility was challenging and I realize in hindsight that he was struggling more than I understood. He spent many hours sitting on the front porch enjoying the day to day movement of the street (in amongst the construction on Hill St.).

I vividly recall one particular day back in May. Mike, Lucas and I were on the porch talking and we watched Sarah jump in the car, back out of the driveway and head down the street. Mike turned to Lucas, and maybe a little bit to me, and said 'we are lucky to have such a great mom'.

. . . and they truly are.


Happy Mother's Day Sarah,
Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Sarah :) I concur whole heartedly with yours and Alison's posts .... Sarah has a special, patient, loving way that many of us aspire to achieve .... but occasionally we "lose perspective". You are a mom I reference in conversations Sar. Colleen

    ReplyDelete