This past weekend, having been the May long weekend and unofficial kick off to cottage weekend, I found just what I had been in need of but unable to find.
With the hustle and bustle and everything that one has going on in their life, they don’t always have time to get to the things they want to do. I’ve been finding that although I make the time to think about Andrew, I’m often rushed in my thoughts because of other things pulling on me. This weekend I helped put in the dock up at the family cottage and shortly thereafter found myself sitting alone on the end of the doc (with some green chairs around me) looking out over the lake. Going back in the Blog to a post on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 entitled “Peace” you’ll find a photo of the spot and the green chairs.
It was the perfect place to have a sit in solitude and think about Andrew, recalling the times (although too few for my liking) that he and I had sat in those green chairs at the end of the doc. I cherish moments like that a great deal. On a couple occasions I got to sit out on the end of the doc with Andrew and chat about life. These chats were particularly memorable, given that as his younger brother, I would seek his advice or pay particular attention to his views or approaches to a variety of situations.
Whether it be to look out over the lake or up at the stars, when I can, I’ll head down to the doc to have a sit and a private moment with my thoughts and memories and recall some of what I learned from my big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment