Today, I made a large apple tree. I made it out of foam core board....actually many pieces of foam core board, and I painted it with acrylic paint. Tomorrow, I am decorating a new window at the Riverguild, and I decided the theme would be the harvest with an emphasis on apples.
This is a whopper of an apple season this year. All of the wild apple trees are loaded, and our cultivated trees are full, full, full.
If I remember correctly, Mike had a LOVE for apples. I believe Sarah still does the yearly, apple picking, orchard run. I'm sure Sarah, and Dennis and Joan have stories about Mike and apples.
My Michael also LOVES apples. He knows every wild apple tree, and when the best ones will be ripe. And I have stories about when we just had to stop at a passing wild apple tree for a taste when we were almost late for a wedding....or, the time that he just had to jump over that fence into someone's backyard because the apples looked too good to pass up.....and on and on.
As I was building that apple tree today, I thought of the various parts of the tree. Each part is so important, and yet, my mind just wanted to settle on the roots for some reason. I was imagining them all connected, intertwined. My mind then connected that imagery to our families. We are all connected at our roots.....and, it stabilizes us (as Sarah was mentioning in her poem a few days ago).
Maybe that's why both Michael Andrew and my Michael Lawrence love apples. What do you think?
....much love from Coral.
No comments:
Post a Comment