Earlier this summer, Sarah and I talked about following up with respect to a small memorial tree planting or plaque at Queen's or with the cardiology department.
There are a couple of things I am thinking about as our 10 year reunion approaches and will keep you updated.
A tangible thing that I do have under my control is a growing research program, the Cardiovascular Imaging Network at Queen's (CINQ). Within this program I am allocating a small amount of funding for cardiovascular research- as a scholarship or stipend - for medical students. The stipend will be in Memory of Dr. Michael Nault and the link should be up after September 1st (right after this crazy grant deadline).
I am really proud of being able to honour Mike in this way, and what's wonderful is that we will continue to improve the health of our community in his name. We already have a first proposal which will be funded from this, initiated by a very bright second year medical student, examining the role of Hand Held Ultrasound to enhance the cardiac physical exam by novel learners.
Will keep you posted, back to this insane grant!!!
Thank you Amer, for remembering our classmate Mike in this way. I have also been thinking about the upcoming 10-yr reunion and some ways of remembering Mike. We should talk and plan together.
ReplyDeleteLisa