We are gathered here, collectively, to remember, to learn, to share, to laugh, to cry, to inspire, and to provide hope through our grief.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Chez Michael
Thanks Megan, for helping me remember Mike's love of France and some of our time there.
We had hoped to someday spend a chunk of time living in France-- with Mike training for a year-- or maybe working there short term. We talked about the details of when it might happen. Mike wondered about learning all the medical terminology in French! It never worked out to be the right time for us.
In thinking about our 2 trips to France, I scrolled through some of our old photos, titled Paris 2004-- very organized, thanks to Mike (our first trip was pre-digital camera- yikes!). I came across the photo above, that Mike called: 'Michael a Vouvray'. I remember taking photos of this grand house- wow- imagine living there, nestled into the hill near a bounty of vineyards. What I don't remember is Mike being IN the photo, casually leaning to the side, as though HE was the owner. I'm kind of surprised he didn't titled the photo: 'Chez Michael'! Mike loved to dream big and it was impossible not to get caught up in his dreams, too. Doesn't he look right at home?
Megan, we might not have made it to your apartment in Paris, in March, 2010 - but know we looked at the photos you sent many times-- and in some little way, made a visit there together.
I also came across another great photo (see below)-- Mike indulging in a Starbucks coffee in Paris! (gasp). I'm thinking his smile is equal parts guilt-ridden and satisfied (there's no place like home, even in Paris, I guess). Mike titled this one: 'Michael avec Starbucks', poking fun at himself. Despite jaunty scarf and stylish-messy hair, the Starbucks-in-hand is an obvious tourist give-away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment