Monday, June 13, 2011

Today


Today is a day like all others
A day where I am both happy and sad.

It's something I never would have understood
But now it's where I live.

Every day I feel deep sadness in Mike's void
And much joy in Lucas and Emily.
(and other lovely things too, of course...)

Today marks one year since Mike's death
But it also happens to mark Eliot's birthday.
(a very special brother-in-law)

Today I will visit Mike's grave
And also celebrate Eliot's birthday.

I will listen to some special music at the cemetery
And sing a very sincere 'Happy Birthday'!

Thinking about these two events on the same day
reminds me what life is.

We look backwards and forwards at the same time.
We celebrate Mike now and always, in ourselves.

Today I will be both sad and happy.
Today is like every other day.



4 comments:

  1. How fortunate I am to have two wonderful son-in-laws. Each has brought so much love to Catherine and Sarah. I think of both of them today with love and gratitude that they came into our lives. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our thoughts always, especially today :) Love, Colleen & Mike, Olivia & Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our love to you, today and everyday, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Sarah. I too feel the same and I guess always will.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete