Monday, June 27, 2011

YIKES !

I missed my blog date by 40 minutes. You see, I just got home from school, and realized it is after midnight. I sometimes pull all-nighters, and I know that Mike knew what that felt like. I guess every doctor knows what that feels like. And, the one-room school teachers definitely understand that workload.

Although this is now the 28th. of June, several times on the 27th., I was thinking about Mike, knowing I would be blogging later. I never know exactly what I'll be writing about when I start the day, but something will happen when I focus on Mike for my blog day that will give me an idea.

This morning, I took the time away from the school to help an old man who lives next door to us. I've been helping him a lot lately. He hasn't been out of his house for two and a half years, (except once to go to the hospital by ambulance). This morning I took him to his doctor because he is having some health issues. This was a challenge for both of us.....and, as I was borrowing a wheelchair from the Civitan Club, and dressing my old friend, and trying to shave him....and.....and....and, my thoughts kept clipping back to Mike. But, not even to Mike, but to Sarah.....and Dennis and Joan.....and all those who worked with him at the end of his life. YOU ARE HEROES in my eyes......and, I know Mike felt exactly the same way.

THANKYOU....what an immense love you gave to Mike....and, I know he absorbed every bit of that love.

I will always remember.....even if I am a bit late....much love, Coral.

1 comment: