Thursday, November 17, 2011

Before...


I was going through my old photos to find an inspiration for today's post. Looking at how fast kids grow up, how quickly the years seem to go by. Trying to differentiate one year from the next. I was struck by one particular photo, which I will simply say is "before".

I took this picture on a walk to downtown Barrie over the Christmas holiday in 2000. It was the year that Noah was born and he was back at home with grandma and grandad. This would have been a big occasion to go for a walk with Sarah, Mike and Eliot - without Noah. Sarah and Mike at the time wouldn't have realized what a treat this was ... going for a walk child free. Before kids... is what I would like to say. But before cancer is what I really think.

I use Dec 2003 as the time that I think 'before'. Before the day Sarah called me and told me about Mike. Before the long yet short eight years that have followed.

After is now what I think. After Mike's death. Trying to remember, but also look forward. Trying to reconceptualize time.






1 comment:

  1. Sarah your hat reminds me other times as well ... a touque from our European adventure when you and Mike were just firing up your engines, starting your relationship! I have a great picture of you in this hat on a boat to see Fungi the Dingle dolphin.

    ReplyDelete