I guess everyone remembers things in different ways. My memories are like photographs - very specific images at very specific moments in time. Sometimes accompanied by a song, others a sound or smell.
When I read Sarah's post on Star gazing it brought back a memory of Mike describing Lucas' first words. Mike was in Ottawa for a few days with training but as always, had time to visit with friends. While we were talking over dinner I asked about Lucas. I hadn't met little Lucas yet and was very curious to hear about a mini version of my friend.
Mike described in great detail how Lucas was learning to communicate with words. They weren't words that we would recognize but he used them consistently in reference to certain objects, and to express wishes or desires. It was easy to see that Mike was overwhelmed with joy and pride. Its a beautiful memory that makes me smile and remember the love that Mike had for all his family.
On this remembrance day, I hope everyone gets a few minutes to pause and enjoy few of their special Mike moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment