I was up in Kingston yesterday for playtime with the kids and a visit with Sarah. There was some wild (noisy!) moments with the box of musical instruments, and rapid emptying of almost every box of toys onto the carpet in the family room. The room was very clean when we arrived and within 40 minutes looked like a bomb had gone off. What parent hasn't witnessed the hurricane-force destruction that can be unleashed by 4 excited children?!
While in Sarah's room by her computer, I had a moment to admire some of Mike's beautiful framed drawings and was reminded about his great artistic talent. Later during Emily's nap, Lucas & Julia had a chance to do some quiet artwork. As I watched Lucas carefully complete his drawing of a monster, I was thinking about his father. Lucas very painstakingly coloured black spikes along the bottom then top of the body. Then for added effect, he drew about 40 eyeballs underneath the body. We were talking about the extra eyeballs and thought it would be very cool if all those extra eyeballs could roll like wheels for the monster to get around. I didn't get a photo of the finished product... you can all exercise your imaginations! I'm sure Mike would be proud of his little artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment