I see flashes of Mike daily in Lucas' facial expressions. This is one way for me to remember Mike. Last week as Lucas and I were drawing horses he quipped "Dad could draw better horses". That was a bit of a jolt and as I quickly reflected on an appropriate response Lucas had already switched topics and the moment was lost;but Mike was remembered.
Christmas Day will be a day of remembrance. While for me I don't expect the day to be as raw as last year, all of us will have Mike in mind on Christmas Day.
New Years brings memories of Mike too but not like Christmas. My New Years memories of Mike harken back to Barrie where we had one hilarious evening when Mike could simply not stop laughing during a game of Balderdash. That New Years Mike had what he would call a 'no-life laughing fit' ...or something like that.
So memories of Mike come spontaneously yet I can forecast others.
All different,but all good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment