Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saturday Night Live Retro

Hi Guys,

I am traveling yet again, so my apologies for the timing. I am in Arizona, at place called Canyon Ranch. A place that has everything you could want to help/change/improve your life, and I place I have found some great insights about life. In particular coming to grips with change and understanding the good and bad that unfolds in life. So perhaps today is a good day to be thinking about Mike and life.

I was really hoping to have a photo for this, but perhaps I can find it when I return to Ontario for the holidays. Being ex athletes, Mike and I had occasion to hit the gym together at Queen's (yes, often associated with me finding Mike on the basketball court before or after). At one point we got to talking about pose downs, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the spoof on Saturday Night Live of Hans and Franz. For those of you who have not seen it, it was Kevin Neilan, and Dana Carvey doing a spoof of Arnold. I have included a You tube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHZhw94C5vQ In bad Austrian accents, their intro was "I am Hanz, and I am Franz, and we are here to 'pump you up!' Halloween was approaching so it seemed fitting that Mike and I would don overstuffed track pants and sweatshirts, headbands, and black out a tooth, and take the routing to the house parties and ultimately Meds House.

Halloween was a special affair during medical school and residency. The costumes abounded and the parties rocked. I remember laughing hysterically with Mike (perhaps with a few beers on board) accosting our friends, (and those we didn't know) talking about their 'little girly man arms' etc. (If you saw the show, you would laugh; my apologies for the inside joke).

Simply one more tale from the memory box of laughs with Mike.

I will post the photo after Christmas.
Happy Holidays and love to all.
Take care,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I can dig up a copy of this photo too, Matt. Let me know if you can't find it. No surprise that Mike managed to repeatedly dress up as a dude with big guns (superheros, Hanz/Franz, Popeye...)! Any chance to make big muscles look bigger!

    ReplyDelete