Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meeting Mike

Sarah had moved to Parry Sound for her first job as a high school teacher. I recall she moved up on the Labour Day weekend and started teaching on the Tuesday - not an easy transition. Living in Vancouver at the time, I remember my parents mentioning that there was someone named "Mike" in Sarah's life.

Anyone who knows our family must realize that personal relationships are rarely discussed. Names of boyfriends or girlfriends only surface if they are a sure thing, or at least serious enough to bring forward to the family. So the fact that I knew of a "Mike", meant something.

I was back home for a visit - and I remember going up to Parry Sound and visiting Sarah. Mike was either coming or going and we had the opportunity to meet. It is funny that I don't have a crisp recollection of that encounter but I do remember having an instantly positive vibe and the feeling that this could definitely be something. And, as big sisters typically are, I was right :) (ok I hear groaning from all the younger siblings).


No comments:

Post a Comment