We are gathered here, collectively, to remember, to learn, to share, to laugh, to cry, to inspire, and to provide hope through our grief.
Friday, April 15, 2011
We started our long awaited vacation today- we got up early with the kids and set out on a series of long (or at least with kids it was long) flights. No complaints though because it was time with the family and we were heading somewhere warm. I thought about Mike as we checked in to our flight as there was this loud (or louder) but super nice and friendly gentleman who was yacking it up with everyone. I thought about Mike because he was so unassuming, friendly guy one would ever meet. He broke down barriers within minutes and was just genuine. I actually think that he would have made a great politician (his connection to people vs. the other policial stuff). I also thought about Mike in a completely other sense today. I am going to be seeing an old friend this week who is an artist and a mutual friend. Many years ago I needed a sign crafted and painted for the QP Pub so I asked this mutual friend to do it. What I should have done is ask Mike as he was quite the artist himself as everyone knows. He called me on it and asked why I did not ask him. There was no good answer. I just did not think of it. I always remembered that - as a time I let my friend down. It was a good lesson that you should look close to home first..... Miss ya Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment