I am in the process of writing a play for my students to perform at the end of June. I am surrounded by words. Words roam in my brain even as I sleep. And I can't help but remember the way Mike used to play with words. Many of you have commented about how he loved to make up new words and sounds. That whole "pig latin" way of mixing letters about, was a favourite of Mike's. When he would call our place, he would want to speak to "muncle ichael"....and we always knew who it was on the phone.
His playful nature was refreshing. I remember one day I was delivering a carving from"muncle ichael" to Mike at the Heart Institute in Ottawa. He gave me the directions, but I got lost. I was a little flustered as I managed to ask my way through this unfamiliar building. Finally, I arrived at the right spot, a little late. He wasn't there. The secretary said he had been there and she would page him. I could wait in this rather large room filled with tables. It looked like it might have been a cafeteria at one time. I was alone. But, before long, through the swinging doors bounced Mike. He jumped over the first table, ran around a few more, and jumped over the table right in front of me, before giving me a big hug. What a crazy guy....I loved it! The room totally filled up with his playful nature and I felt wonderfully comforted by his spirit. All was well.
I will close now as there is quite a lightning storm happening outside......lots of love from Coral.
No comments:
Post a Comment