I too have an increasing number of grey hair. (Thanks, Darren, for gleefully pointing out the first ones to me 10 years ago at the tender age of 25!) I like to think that in my career it gives me more credibility with patients I am trying to advise on a number of topics... Child-rearing, bum knees, etc, as in "yes, I understand what you're going through, I'm old enough to have been there too".
My current perspective on it is that I can embrace the grey because I have my kids to make me look young. Eventually that won't work because they'll continue to get older, and I'll continue to accumulate more grey, but for now this I what I feel. Sarah, Lucas & Emily are getting older too, but Mike is frozen in time just how we remember him. I love seeing the large photos on the family room wall at Hill Street, with Mike & his children laughing and living in the moment - those precious moments are frozen forever too.
So along with Darren, we will both embrace our greys with gratitude for the years we have to live & accumulate them in.
Many thanks to all who have posted to this blog in the past year. I look at it often and gain strength, smiles, and wisdom from the memories of Mike.
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment