This is my last blog, and I'm surprised at how emotional I am.
How many roles do we play?
Sarah.....I soooo fondly remember her. She was suited up ready for a jog. I was in Kingston. I felt so out-of place. I didn't know Kingston. But, I was accompaning my daughter Lyla. She was lost and trying to find herself after a rough relationship. She needed a new scene.....and, there we were in Kingston....at Tim Hortin"s. What a wonderful coincidence to meet Mike and Sarah. Mike was trying to study for an exam coming up, and Sarah was heading out to jog. It was wonderful meeting them there. It gave me a sense of belonging.....and both Lyla and I needed that at that particular moment.
Sarah knew that Mike was sick, but she knew she wanted to marry him anyway. She worked with him. They had Lucas....and she knew she wanted another child with Mike. She loved him.....and they had Emily.
Sarah knew she would have to continue after Mike. She probably didn't know how hard it would be...but, bless her soul....she is an amazing Mom...she is an amazing friend, she is an amazing daughter, she is an amazing granddaughter, and she was an amazing wife.
Sarah.....we love you....oh, how we respect you.......and, you, Lucas, and Emily are with us always. Mike will never die....he is part of all of us. Although, I couldn't go to his gravesite today, because of the ice and snow. I will continue to stop and listen to the sounds of nature there at his gravesite. I will continue to stop and watch the stars shinig over that site. We will never forget him.
....much love from Coral.
No comments:
Post a Comment