Friday, January 20, 2012

Memories and thank you


For this blog I wanted to share some of the pictures I have of Mike (and Sarah). When I look through my pictures I realize how photogenic Mike is - not a bad picture of Mike in the lot.
He - as I think they might say in the fashion business - owns the camera.

Others of us may look slightly to the left or right but Mike looks straight into the lens.

As he did with all of us he made a connection.
In pictures he exudes his self-confidence, charm and joy for life.
Lucas and Emily are Mike's legacy. In them, as was said by Brian Yealland, Mike's light will


shine and continue to grow.  I see Emily with a big smile so much like Mike's. And, of course, when I watch her bring out her doctor's kit to gently take care of a sick bear or doll my thoughts are of Mike.
I see Lucas working away patiently at a problem until he gets it right. I watch as he draws intricate pictures with great concentration. And Lucas can look at me with what I would have to call a Mike
look - raising one eyebrow and holding his head in a certain way - and expressing the sentiment with that look, you can't be serious Grandma D ?!?
Sarah what a wonderful tribute to Mike you have created. Your deep love shines through. You've shared your feelings so honestly and openly. This blog has caused me to think about wonderful memories of Mike, to learn more about Mike, to chuckle about Mike, to deeply miss Mike.
Much love, Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment