Continuing my list of things that make me think of Mike, I'd like to focus on the lyrics of three songs I've heard recently.
The first, Forever Young by Alfaville, I've heard on the radio about 4 times in the last two months. Every time I hear this song, I think that Mike will truly be forever young. Sadly, he will never grow older than the young age of 37. As Lisa and Darren both pointed out in recent blog entries, Mike's death has put growing older in a positive light, as something to embrace and cherish.
In the second, 42 by Coldplay, the first line of the song "Those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head" always triggers thoughts of Mike. As this blog has proven, Mike lives strong in the memories of many people. Not a day passes, when I don't think of him. I'm particularly grateful when Mike appears in my dreams and I have the opportunity to spend time with him again, however fleetingly it may be.
In the third song, Strawberry Swing by Coldplay (yes, I listen to a lot of Coldplay), the first line of the bridge "It's such a perfect day", makes me think of Mike. My version of a perfect day includes Mike alive and healthy. Although I continue to experience moments of extreme joy, I question whether I will ever truly experience a perfect day. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to try.
This blog has helped me remember things about Mike that I had forgotten and learn things about him that I didn't know. Thank you Sarah, for organizing this memory blog over the past year. I look forward to rereading its entries to reminise, grieve, laugh and rejoice in everything that Mike was and continues to be in us.
No comments:
Post a Comment