I’ve spent a good part of 12 years training with Mike, so its no surprise that I think about him on an almost daily basis. Nothing profound, just that when you know someone for so long their influence seeps into everyday actions and thoughts.
For example bed time for my son. That comes from when Mike and I used to study together for the Royal College exam- he would insist on making sure he was home on time for bed and bath time for Lucas. I would be left to finish off our study sessions on my own, realizing that he had other priorities. But it wasn’t until after I had my son that I realized how he felt and how important spending this time with family was. Its funny how this thought always enters my mind during my son’s bedtime ritual. Its just there at the back of my mind as I turn on the water for baby’s bath, similar to other thoughts that come up during everyday activities and actions. And although the context is mundane, each thought has a particular significance for me and I look forward to sharing in this blog. In this instance, bed and bath time is about being a Dad. Am I as good a Dad as Mike was?
Bomber
No comments:
Post a Comment