Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mike's Range

One thing I have always cherished was Mike's range of character. He could go from a serious philospher on something as plain as paper or an intellect on heart palpitations to a flat out goof on anything and everything. I cherish this because - it exemplifies what I think life is or should be about- which is a balance between laughter, love, and every emotion in between.

Soooo... what prompted me to think about this today was that last night Sarah M. and I were talking about a friend of ours who has had a series of health issues and was going getting some cardiology work done. I thought of Mike obviously and felt very proud of his accomplishments in his field and how most people who met him on his 'lighter' moments would never know how accomplished he was- I think that is a great characteristic.

On the ligher side of things, I also recalled yesterday, the day that Mike and his partner in crime (DG), followed me home with my date on Valentine's Day- knowing that I had to unfortunately break up with this person. They stood across the street to watch it all happen and were the biggest goof balls you could imagine.

So yesterday I experienced, in memory, the full range of Mike's character. I hope my kids develop the same range as they grow.

2 comments:

  1. Who breaks up with a girl on Valentines Day? I think Mike and I laughed about that everytime we saw each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, who does that? oh, i know, Kitch Marsh.

    ReplyDelete