Apparently Mike was a meat head at one point- one of those muscular types - and he would often remind me of his glory days gone by, especially when I started working out. We often teased each other about weight issues as a laugh.
The first time I met Mike, the first week of med school, he was admittedly a bit heavier than usual. I remember walking across campus with him and some how the topic came up and I ended up teasing: "All I'm saying is you're not not fat !" Mike, being the good natured guy that he was took this in good humor but was also a bit shocked I think! Needless to say, over the next little while he certainly got back in shape.
The memory of this friendly insult, so innocuous at the time, is really special to me now- because it represents how much Mike let me get away with when I bugged him, teased him, or competed with him. I got away with it because he saw through my antics and valued who I was. It is my loss.
bomber
No comments:
Post a Comment