Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mike's Artisitic Eye....

As an art teacher, my challenge has always been to teach each student how to "see" a little more clearly. I believe we all can try to look just a little bit closer, see a little more detail, and observe just a little bit harder. I also believe that when we train our eyes to do this, it helps us in every other area of our lives.

I have experienced some folks who seem to have a natural ability to see more clearly than others. I knew that Mike had a natural ability when I saw his artwork that he produced as a child. I expected that one day he would make his living from using his ability to observe so clearly. I thought he would become an artist.

But, as I sat listening to his profs and peers at the memorial service, I realized that he had used his natural gift of "seeing" clearly.....not to make his living as an artist, but as a doctor. It was wonderful to hear how his observant eye had been successful in diagnosing and reading information that would help others.

As I watch Lucas develop, I see that same desire to understand and "see" just a little more clearly. It will be fun to watch both Lucas and Emily grow. I expect Mike is keeping a close eye on them as well.

.....................................much love from Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment