We are gathered here, collectively, to remember, to learn, to share, to laugh, to cry, to inspire, and to provide hope through our grief.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Kid Memories
Tyler, our 7 year old, and Simon, our 5 year old are lucky. They remember Mike well, and often. They remind me that it is okay to bring up memories of Mike anytime and how he enhanced our lives with humour and fun. Walking to school the other day, Simon says out of the blue, "Did you know mom, that Mike's frog was the best one at the frog races that summer". I didn't know that. Driving in the car the other day, Ty says, "Mom, I miss Mike because he was funny. He taught me how to say supercalifragilisticexpealidocious". I didn't know that. I feel lucky too, to be able to continue to learn about Mike through the experiences our kids shared with Mike.
Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment